Copyright

(c) 2009 - 2024 (MEM)

Please keep in mind that, unless otherwise noted, everything on my blog is copyright material of some sort. Either by me (as picture taker, writer, creator) or more importantly by the designer of the needlework pieces I present. If you promise to be copyright mindful, my promise to you is to do my best to provide you enough information in my post for you to obtain your own legal copy. Please be respectful of these copyrights and not take business away from our wonderful designers. Thank you.
............. . ."She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight" Proverbs 31:13 NAS


Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sampler Guild of the Rockies June Retreat Report/RMR Seminar Update

Saturday June 8 was the Sampler Guild of the Rockies June retreat. A full day of fun, food, shopping and STITCHING!! This year was a tad different in that we had a teacher from out of state come and give us two projects. We did one before lunch and one after lunch.

There were tables reserved (in advance) for members to sell items, so we got to SHOP!! Food was provided by members as well. We had different salads and sandwiches and of course DESERT.

Our teacher was Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers and the theme was “A Crowning Effort”. Part 1 is a miniature sewing tray (actually a Sudberry House wooden coaster). It is a very cute miniature sampler and will be fun to finish.
 





Part 2 was a pinberry makedo – a cute pincushion. Both came in boxes which were great to use to hold our threads while stitching. I have not started the makedo, but you can see a bit of my progress on the sewing tray in the third picture from the top. The bottom photo shows pictures of the two projects - makedo at upper left in the photo and the cute little sampler at right.
 
============================================
Now on to the Rocky Mountain Region (RMR) Seminar Update:
 
I came home to one casualty:



Also I forgot to post a photo of my cute class angel pin. We all had blue hardanger angels with the skirts of each being a little different. I really love my little angel!



Have a great day!!
 

No comments: